Sunday, February 12, 2012

The race

I haven´t been good with my blog, but I thought this is interesting.
The other day I enter on a athletics race of 10K, only for amateurs. The race was part on pavement/road and part on a common, paths with gravel, sharp stones and usual stuff like that.
It was also freezing, temperature around zero, and the night before was well below zero, with puddles frozen and still some remaining snow on the sides (although not on the track).
Of course I was barefoot, arrived barefoot, run barefoot and continued barefoot as I haven´t got any shoes.

Most of the girls, were wearing quite a bit of clothes, usually sports leggings for women and jumpers, the bravest ones were wearing shorts and a T-shirt, and of course everybody except me with trainers. I decided to wear a professional athletics kit: just a bra and one of those tiny fitted shorts leaving some of my bum at the air.
The funny thing came, that when I was given my number the other girls put it in the t-shirt,with safety pins, but I didn´t have space in my clothing. If you see athletics, professionals are given a big sticker with the number that stick on her legs, but we didn´t have that. So...I decided to pierce it in my tummy, now you can imagine the reactions...with that athletics kit, barefooted and the number pierced in my skin...   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment